Everyone wants to have a great smile which is why Dentist in Delhi recommends having good oral hygiene as it keeps you safe from various dental and medical complications such as gum disease, infection, bone loss, heart disease, strokes, and more. Therefore, a dentist praises to have regular checkups and cleanings to prevent from such problems.
Tips to choose the best dentist in Delhi:
- When you are feeling the need of a good dentist to look forward to your oral health, there are some things to be kept in mind before proceeding.
- Ask your dentist about his training and specialization frankly.
- If you want a cosmetic dentist then make sure that he is having a membership with recognized dentistry association. Also, note that cosmetic smile enhancements are not covered by any insurance so communicate clearly for the payment options.
- Look for the dentist’s working hours and if it suits your schedule or not.
- The soothing and comfortable environment should also be assured as for how hygienic the environment is.
- Ask your dentist about the advanced equipment.
How to make oral health hygiene?
Dentist in Delhi prescribes some of the easy steps to be followed daily for the healthy gum and teeth.
- Brushing twice a day and flossing daily
- Having a balanced diet and avoid snacks in between meals
- Using toothpaste containing fluoride
- Using fluoride mouth rinse
- Making sure that your children under 12 take a fluoride supplement if they live in a non-fluoridated area.
There are proper techniques for brushing your teeth and cleaning your mouth to smell good, and thus dentist recommends following brushing techniques:
- Tilt the brush at a 45° angle against the gum line and sweep or roll the brush away from the gum line.
- Mildly brush the outside, inside and eating surface of each tooth using short back-and-forth strokes.
- Gently brush your tongue to take out bacteria and freshen breath.
- Use about 18″ of floss, leaving an inch or two to work with.
- Gently follow the curves of your teeth.
- Be sure to clean beneath the gum line, but avoid snapping the floss on the gums.