It is generally believed that kids don’t need much oral care until they have a full set of teeth around the age of 3 years. However, it is not at all true because an infant is born with a set of 20 teeth under the gums and usually starts coming out between 6 months and a year. Continue reading
The population of Delhi is already living in the most polluted city in the country and if they don’t keep good oral hygiene then it is like bidding your own health for several disease and unhealthy life. Living in a polluted environment hampers the immune system of a person and they are no longer immune to the dental problems. In addition, the best dentist suggests that maintaining oral hygiene is not a complex task for which you don’t have enough time from your busy schedule. All you need to do is to follow a good oral routine at home and visit the best dentist in Delhi once in a six month for dental checkups and professional cleaning for having strong teeth and gums. Undertake the following dental hygiene tips that will help you to take your oral hygiene to the next level.
When you meet someone, the first thing that the other person notice is your teeth. And just like the other body parts, teeth should also be cared in a way to look good and bacteria free. Best dentist in Delhi explains that the mouth is a way for so many disease and problems, and thus, it is essential to keep the mouth clean. Perhaps, a good toothbrush should be picked to clean the teeth and remove plaque. There is a range of choices of toothbrush available in the market varying from the size, bristles, colors, brands, and price which can confuse the buyer to pick the right one. The choice preferences may vary from buyer to buyer, but a buyer should have the basic knowledge while choosing the toothbrush.
The cavity is the most common dental problem that can be seen in every 2 out of 5 people. It is completely a misconception that the cavity can occur only in the young children as it can occur at any age. The cause of the cavity is not the age factor but the tooth decay or damage is the real cause. Tooth decay is caused by a layer of plaque, a sticky and colorless layer of bacteria that is constantly developing on the teeth. This is the reason why Dentist in Delhi suggests to brush twice in a day. One after getting from the bed and one before going to the bed.
The cavity occurs mainly at a certain part of the teeth such as:
On the biting surface of the teeth – The cavity in this part arises when a plaque becomes trapped in the hollow or gapped area of the teeth. The cavity in this particular is most common in the children because they often don’t brush these areas of teeth properly.
Between the teeth – Tooth decay takes place in this area when the plaque is left to build up on the hard-to-reach surfaces. These areas cannot be reached by a toothbrush alone and thus, can become vulnerable to decay if you don’t floss to clean the areas between the teeth.
On the root surface of the teeth – top Dentist in Delhi says that it is common if you have gone through a gum recession or bone loss, often related to a gum disease or periodontitis. It’s also more usual to find decay on the root surface of the teeth as you get older if your gums recede. If plaque is not cleaned properly and left to build up on the unprotected roots of the teeth, then a cavity can rapidly develop because roots don’t have the similar hard enamel covering layer as the teeth have.
How to avoid causing cavity?
- Brush and floss regularly
- Visit the dentist for regular check ups
- Follow a healthy diet and avoid consuming sugary food or drinks
- Change your toothbrush in every three months
A beautiful smile can attract anyone and everyone. But what if your smile cannot attract the people because you have crowded teeth or the teeth aren’t naturally straight, then you can ideally consider a braces treatment recommended by the Best dentist in Delhi either for cosmetic purposes or to address other medical problems. Improper teeth can affect the life of a person as he cannot speak clearly and is not properly able to chew his food. It is really important to identify the early symptoms of the orthodontic problems, especially in the case of children, and visit the dentist in Delhi for consulting the possible treatments that are needed to undergo. Because the dentist will know what treatment is best suited to your problem.
Best dentist in Delhi might recommend Braces treatment to the patient due to the following factors affecting the life of a patient.
Crowded teeth – Crowding is the most common aspect, especially in kids, to undergo the orthodontic treatment. Mainly, crowding means that there is not enough space in the mouth for all the teeth. Severe crowding may result in areas that are almost difficult to clean. This can cause plaque buildup which in turn roots bad odor, gum disease, tooth decay, and bone loss around teeth. Thus, braces can help in properly aligning and straightening the teeth order to avoid future health issues.
Overbite – An overbite denotes to the horizontal and vertical overlap of the front teeth. An enlarged overbite may cause the several issues and oral health problems such as:
- High risk of trauma to the front teeth
- Initially high risk of getting the front teeth fractured in case of injury
- Complications and low longevity of dental healing work such as cosmetic fillings, crowns, and veneers.
Crossbite – A cross bite is an unusual bite in which the upper tooth is after the lower opposing tooth. dentist in Delhi states that if the problem is left untreated it may cause:
- Increase in gum recession of the affected teeth
- Extreme fear of both the teeth is getting fractured
- Asymmetric jaw growth
- Failure to restore the fractured or worn teeth.
Our dental health has a major role in keeping us healthy. Bad oral health is a key reason behind many problems that people face at some point of time. Everyone should visit a dentist regularly to keep a check on the oral health. Good oral treatment by dentist in Delhi leads to the wellbeing of whole body.
Regular visit to a dentist in must even if you are not experiencing any kind of problem. Waiting and giving your teeth the time to spoil and then going to the doctor is never a wise decision. Several diseases are developed just because of the ignorance of oral health. Diabetes, premature birth, serious infections, cardiovascular diseases are all linked to bad oral health. By taking care of your dental health even at home can prevent from developing periodontal and gum disease. Some basic tips to prevent gum diseases are –
- Brush twice a day and spend at least three to four minutes.
- Use floss at least once in a day so that proper cleaning between the teeth can be done.
- Regularly use mouthwash to prevent bad breath.
- Visit your dentist regularly to keep a track record of your oral health so as to avoid serious problems in future.
Regular check-up and cleaning will help to keep your teeth healthy and also prevent painful problems from developing. General checkup includes –
- Cleaning procedure – The procedure is carried out by using different oral instruments that are used to remove plaque and tarter that causes gum disease, bad breath and other problems.
- Full examination – Full dental examination is done so that the dentist is able to look for nay signs that may cause problem in future. This prevents treating the problems at an earlier stage.
- X-rays – This is done to diagnose the problems such as damage to jaw bones, cyst, tumors and decay between teeth.
Dentist in Delhi provides great help in keeping good oral health. The treatment provided by them is the best to treat dental problems and keep you free from pain.
With the unhealthy lifestyle and decreased intake of calcium, oral problems are being so common among people. Despite several improvements in the field of oral care, people suffer tooth loss, may be due to the cavity and weaken gums, periodontal disease, or injury. In past treatments like bridges and dentures were used but now with the new advanced treatments, dental implants in Pitampura is best recommended by the dentist to fill the gap of missing tooth. Dental implant treatment provides a strong footing for permanent or removable filling of teeth, matching to your natural set of teeth.
Types of dental implants in Delhi:
- Endosteal- This treatment dentist surgically places the teeth in the jawbone by screws, blades, or cylinders. Every implant holds one or more prosthetic teeth. Endosteal implant is used as an alternative for bridges and removable dentures.
- Subperiosteal- The subperiosteal implant is placed on the top of the jawbone using the post protruding with metal framework through the gum to hold the prosthesis. Dentist recommends this implant for those who have minimum bone height and are unable to wear conventional dentures.
Advantages of visiting dentist in Delhi for dental implants:
- Improved appearance- Imagine how you will appear with a broken or missing teeth? Not good, right. Dental implant fills the gap of missing teeth and it looks completely natural matching with your original teeth.
- Fluent speech- You must have seen your grandparents who cannot speak properly with their missing or weaken teeth. So, the dental implant gives you the fluency to speak and express your words causing no mumble or slur of the words.
- Comfortable eating- You can eat what you want. You don’t have to think twice before take a bite of your favorite food. It eliminates the discomfort of removable bridges or dentures.
- Improved oral health- Unlike bridges, the dental implant does not affect the surrounding teeth as implant does not require a support of nearby teeth. Thus, it improves oral health for long-term allowing easy access between teeth or making a good oral hygiene. Also, dental implants have a long durability lasting for many years or even for a lifetime.